As your federal representative, Geoff makes every effort to assist constituents with a broad range of issues, and may be able to help you interact with various federal departments and agencies. If you have a problem that you haven’t been able to resolve through normal channels, Geoff and his constituency office staff would be happy to provide any possible assistance.
Please contact Geoff for assistance if:
1. You are a resident of Halifax West, and
2. Your problem is with a federal government department or agency.
While Geoff welcomes your questions, please understand that:
1. While Geoff can make inquiries on your behalf about the status of any pending cases before any federal agency or department, he CANNOT force that agency or department to decide an issue in your favour, or to overturn a decision that is final.
2. Ethics rules prohibit Geoff from giving legal advice or intervening in legal proceedings. If you need to find a lawyer, you should contact the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society by calling (902) 902-422-1491 or visiting their website http://www.nsbs.org/index.php
To request assistance with a federal department or agency, please contact the constituency office at 902-426-2217. You may also choose to e-mail or fax (426-8339).
Please provide all the information requested below to enable Geoff and his staff to review your case and work on your behalf with the appropriate federal government department or agency:
1. A cover letter describing the situation with which you require assistance.
2. Please be sure to include any identification numbers such as your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and case or file numbers.
3. Please be sure to include a daytime phone number and your mailing address to enable staff to reach you, should more information be needed.
Finally, please be assured that your information concerning your case will be kept in the strictest confidence.